Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Letter of Introduction Final Draft

Dear Professor Blackstone

I am writing this letter to introduce myself due to the lack of opportunity to do so in class. My name is Neo Cen Wei, but addressing me as Cen Wei will do. I am a first year civil engineering student attending your communication module, CVE 1281 Effective Communication.

Prior to my university studies, I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in civil engineering with business in 2017. My time in the course has reignited a childhood interest in me for civil engineering, and said interest currently serves as a motivating factor for me throughout my gruelling days of study in university.

What does not serve as a motivating factor for me however is my lack of communication skills daily. I have trouble keeping a conversation going or even starting one, for during times like that my mind just draws a blank. It has always been my weakness since young, and despite having seen improvements over the years, I feel that there is still much room for improvement.

On the other hand, I am quite confident in my ability to articulate and bring points or ideas across to other people. Naturally, it was not all smooth sailing, as I have failed to articulate ideas effectively before. Nevertheless, I am learning from my mistakes and improving myself as I go.

However, I believe that learning and improvement need not be only through mistakes. With this communication module, I hope to hone my communication skills and become a confident communicator in both spoken and written forms. As such, I look forward to the upcoming classes.

Best regards

Cen Wei

Commented on:
Justin
Zyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My goals for general communication modules have generally remained unchanged throughout my polytechnic and university life. The goals are t...